The MTHS School 2022 Boys Golf Try Outs will be held at Metamora Fields Golf Course. Try Out Dates are . . .
Monday, August 8th- 7:00am – 9 holes
Tuesday, August 9th- 7:00am – 9 holes
Wednesday, August 10th – 7:00am – 9 holes
Email Coach Brockhouse if interested: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In order to try out, a current physical must be turned in at onsite registration or by August 5th.
- The MTHS drug form, athletic permit form, IHSA drug form, and Impact form all have to be filled out ONLINE before Aug 5.
- Players are responsible for their own golf equipment.
- Academics come first. This is more important than golf. ● Any player who does not meet IHSA eligibility requirements will not play in events until eligibility is met. In-season practices / matches / tournaments
- Practices will be after school every weekday that there is not a match unless otherwise stated.
- Players will need their own transportation to practices at Metamora Fields.
- Players are expected to arrive on time and attend each practice and match unless excused prior to by the coach. ● All players will not play in tournaments and matches. The top 6 guys (based on average) will be varsity, the next 6 JV.
Prospective student-athletes need to have the following equipment:
- Golf clubs, bag, balls, and tees.
- Khaki or similar short for try-outs and practices.
- Prospective student-athletes will conduct themselves appropriately on the course and will follow IHSA and USGA regulations regarding play.
- Prospective student-athletes will have an up-to-date IHSA sports physical.
- Prospective student-athletes will be respectful students.
Coach Mike Brockhouse