Students please see the information regarding Wednesday, April 5, 2017.
- Seniors: NO SCHOOL: Encouraged to job shadow, visit colleges, take college placement tests, or catch up on homework
- Juniors: Take the SAT test. Dismissed after testing, approximately 1:10 pm
- Sophomores: Take the PSAT10, Review test until 12:00 pm, lunch 12:00 pm-12:30 pm, speaker 12:30 pm – 1:40 pm, dismissed at 1:40 pm
- Freshmen: Go through the “Real World” career and budgeting simulation. Students test their ability to make it in the “Real World” by choosing a career, making lifestyle decisions, and budgeting expenses that adults face on a regular bases. In addition, they will be involved in team building exercises and have speakers advise them for a successful future. Lunch 12:10 pm – 12:30 pm, speaker 12:30 pm – 1:40 pm, dismissed at 1:40 pm.
Bus riders can stay at school and leave at 3:15 pm to ride the bus. Students riding the bus should report to the commons at 1:40 pm for a supervised study hall until the buses depart at 3:15 pm. Students are encouraged to find transportation if possible to be able to leave at 1:40 pm.
Metamora Township High School is seeking nominations to the MTHS Athletic Hall of Fame (HoF). Completed nominations are due Monday, April 17, 2017.
The purpose of the MTH Athletic HoF is to honor and recognize athletes and coaches that have achieved noteworthy accomplishments in athletics. Additionally, the HoF shall recognize outstanding teams as well as other individuals who have given high levels of meritorious service to the athletic programs of MTHS.
Summer Credit Recovery Program
Students if you have failed a required core class (Math, Science, English, Social studies, or Health) you can attend summer school to make up one class. The 2017 Summer Credit Recovery Program runs from Wed., May 24 – Wed., June 21, 2017. The program meets Monday through Friday 8:
Juniors & Seniors – Pass/Fail Option Agreement Forms Available
All Juniors and Seniors are given the option to take up to a total of one elective class per semester OR one elective double period class for one semester as PASS/FAIL per year with stipulations that are designated on the attached form.
If a student takes a Pass/Fail, a credit only will be awarded for a pass in this course. There will be no grade calculated in the student’s grade point average (GPA) for this course. If a student takes a class Pass/Fail, and earns a D- or better, a “P”(credit) goes on the transcript. This “P” does not affect the student’s GPA in any way. If a student takes a class Pass/Fail and earns an F, a “NC”(no credit) goes on the transcript. This NC does not affect the student’s GPA in any way.
Any student wishing to take a course PASS/FAIL must turn in the form to the Guidance Office.
- SENIORS – This form must be turned in to the guidance office no later than Wednesday, May 17 before 3:15 p.m.
- JUNIORS – This form must be turned in to the guidance office no later than Thurs., May 25 before 3:15 p.m.
This must be done with the formal agreement signed by student, parent and a guidance counselor. The grade will not be changed to Pass/Fail until after the end of the grading period. This will enable the parents to see the actual grade earned. Forms are available by clicking on the link and are located in the guidance office. 2017 Pass Fail Option Agreement Form
SAT/ACT Review Classes at MTHS
Do you need to prepare for your college entrance exams? Are you concerned that your ACT/SAT scores won’t be high enough to earn admission into your college of choice? If so, take the opportunity to sign-up for an ACT/SAT review classes.
A SAT/ACT Review Class taught by Dustin Bevard will be held at Metamora High School on Mondays: March 6th, March 13th, March 20th and April 3rd from 5 pm – 8 pm. (Class will NOT be held on March 27th due to spring break.) The course fee is $100 if registered prior to the class date. If registering at the door, the course fee is $110. Click HERE to learn more about this preparatory class.
A SAT prep seminar, Doorway to College, will be held at Metamora High School on Saturday, March 4, 2017 from 9:00 am – 3:00 pm for a fee of $79.99. Click HERE to learn more about this seminar.
Illinois Central College
SAT Prep courses are being offered at Illinois Central College from now until March 2017. To view the ICC SAT prep schedule click HERE.
To view the Winter/Spring 2017 Class Schedule click HERE.
MTHS Announces Hiring of Superintendent
The Board of Education at Metamora Township High School announces the promotion of Sean O’Laughlin to Superintendent of the District effective July 1, 2017. Mr. O’Laughlin has been the principal at MTHS since 2011 and first joined the District as Curriculum Director in 2008. He will replace longtime administrator Randy Toepke who recently announced his upcoming retirement. Click HERE to read entire announcement.