Questions Concerning MTHS Curriculum Policies
What is needed for Graduation from Metamora Township High School?
- Four years of attendance
- A minimum of twenty-two (22) units of credit
- See graduation requirements
Is there early graduation?
- If all graduation requirements and the early graduation requirements are met it is possible to graduate in 3 ½ years.
- See the guidance office for early graduation requirements
- Applying for early graduation must be complete junior year
If I pass all required classes 9th-11th grades what do I take my senior year?
- A full year of Senior English and Physical Education is required senior year. These two classes must be passed.
- The senior year is the time to take electives to better prepare oneself for college, the world of work, and/or explore personal interests.
- There are several college prep, dual credit, and AP courses available to get a jump-start on college.
- Take advantage of leadership roles and positions in extracurricular activities and student helper opportunities.
How many classes must each student have on his/her schedule?
- The school day has 8 periods
- All students take 7 class hours. The remaining class can be used as a study hall or an additional course.
Should I take a study hall?
- A study hall can be a beneficial time to do homework or to get help from available teachers.
- It is not required but is recommended.
- Benefits are dependent upon the individual student’s study habits and needs.
Can students get a first or eighth hour release?
- Only seniors
- A release allows a senior to not a have a 1st or 8th hour class
- A release takes place of a study hall. A student cannot have both a study hall and a release hour.
- However, if that student’s grades reflect a need of a study hall, their release hour will be changed to a study hall. Administrators will make these decisions.
For questions call the guidance off at (309) 367-4151.