Current St. Jude Total:
This means Mr. Vedder, Mr. O’Laughlin, Mr. Stone, Mr. Hodel, Mr. Sliger, Mr. List, Mr. Stoecker & Mr. Vaughn are getting their heads shaved!
9/29/2017 … 8:15 am
Class Winners of Dress-Up Days
Monday (Under the Sea) — Juniors
Tuesday (Tacky Tourist) — Juniors
Wednesday (Flip Flops & Floppy Hats) — Juniors
Thursday (Beach) — Juniors
MTHS 2017 Homecoming is Raising Money for St. Jude!
Students, Staff and the Metamora Community are all helping MTHS raise money throughout Homecoming week. Here are ways you can help us reach our goals:
- Dress up for St. Jude during Spirit Week — a small donation will be made by the Metamora Area Business Association for each student that dresses up that day!
- Pie-in-the-Face Tickets — Tickets will be sold in the morning and at lunch throughout homecoming week, so buy your ticket and watch your favorite teacher/staff member get lathered in pie!
- Purchase a Homecoming T-Shirt — Each class has a designated different color, so help your class win and wear your shirt on Friday during Spirit Week. A portion of each t-shirt sold will go to St. Jude.
- Make a Direct Donation — Monetary donations for St. Jude will be accepted all week!
MTHS Supports St. Jude by Shaving Heads!
A few select and brave MTHS staff members have agreed to participate in the “Head Shaving Extravaganza” when the school, as a whole, has raised the following amounts . . .
|Mr. Vedder||$ 500|
|Mr. O’Laughlin||$ 750|
(the beard..not the stache)
|That’s only $5 per student!|
- Banner Decorating Contest => ask your coach or activity sponsor
- Redbird Scavenger Hunt => get clues from teachers and find the teacher with the hidden Redbird during passing periods.
- Wednesday Fun Night => Bubble Blast and Bags Tournament .. more information to come
- Friday Trivia/Pep Rally/Parade => sign up at lunch during Homecoming week for a chance to play in the Pep Rally games
- Football Game versus Limestone
- Homecoming Dance
Do you have a Non-MTHS Date to Homecoming?
If you are planning to bring an outside guest to the Homecoming dance, you and your guest must complete a Dance Request form. These forms are available in the Assistant Principal’s Office. The forms must be completed and returned for approval two days prior to the dance!
Make Your Reservation Today – Vegan Dinner Offered Before Homecoming Dance
Are you or your homecoming date vegan? Are you troubled by the sound of the wailing innocent every time you cut into a piece of meat? Or maybe you are just looking for a heart healthy meal before you kick up your shoes at the dance? Finally, we have the answer for you. A four course vegan meal in a romantic setting right here at the school. Seating is limited so make your reservations right away. The cost is $15 per couple. Payment is due Friday, September 22nd in order to secure your reservation. Make your reservation in room 116. Singles Welcome!
Fantastic Friday’s Alternative Schedule – September 29, 2017
To mark the final school spirit day a Fantastic Friday (September 29, 2017) is scheduled. Please see the alternative schedule for the day below:
|1st Hour||8:15-8:35 am||Trivia Contest|
|2nd Hour||8:40-9:40 am||School Safety Drills|
|Pep Assembly||9:45-11:55 am|
12:35- 1:05 pm
|5A & Band lunch
5B – 5C lunch
|Note: When not at lunch, students & teachers will go to the auditorium for a presentation by St. Jude, a visit by the Wallace family and the MTHS check presentation to St. Jude for the money raised during the week.|
|Football Field||1:05-1:40 pm||Head Shaving Extravaganza with Cheerleaders & Marching Band performances|
|School Dismissed||1:40 pm||Students released-Parade set-up|
The Homecoming Parade will be Friday, September 29, 2017 at 2 pm throughout Metamora! All parade participants need to report to the MTHS baseball/softball complex at 1:00 pm for line-up. Check out the parade route to help you find your best viewing location!